Fun Toys

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Help with ebay; Ebay for guests why?

When on a forum or group I often view an item thats been put up on ebay. In the forum I can view the item ( which is usually from a seller in Canada or The States). But... when I go to MY ebay ( here in UK ) the item cant be found; as if it doesn't exist. So, I go back to the forum I first saw the post and view the item there via link to their ebay where upon the item appears? I click on Watch This Item and it displays that I am 'watching this item in My ebay for Guests' or something;





my question is why am I a Guest when I am already an ebay member? .. Is it because the item is in another country and the seller only sells there? Im really confused also as to why there items cant be found when Im in my own ebay.. as a pose to being able to view it within a forum elsewhere. I thought ebay was one worldwide set up- I wondered if infact its made up of several zones of which you have to a member in each? told you I was confused!


Many thanks if you could help



Your question is a bit confusing, but see if any of this helps........





You create your eBay id and password and these details will allow you to log into any eBay site in the world.





The sites all operate separately - you can be logged in on .co.uk but not on .com. You can also log in to both of them at the same time, if you want.





Items that you're watching in your UK summary page won't show up if you log into the US site and look at your watch list there and vice versa.





If you use the UK site to search for items, you'll be shown things that are listed by UK sellers, plus you can choose to see items from sellers anywhere in the world who are willing to send goods to the UK.





If you log into the US site, you'll see all items available from US sellers, plus any from sellers throughout the world who are willing to dispatch to the US.





If you have the listing number from an item you saw in the forum, you can log into the UK eBay site and search for the item number.





If the item is either located in the UK, or the seller is abroad but willing to post it to the UK, you'll be able to find it. If the seller won't dispatch to the UK, you won't get a result from the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment